FOR the family of James Obansa, the incident of Monday, which saw gunmen storming a branch of Deeper Life Church in Okene, Kogi State,killing 20 worshippers would linger in their memories for a long time. Indeed, life would no longer remain the same for them because their bread winner, a father of three, was one of the worshippers murdered in cold blood by the rampaging gunmen.
Omeiza Obansa, the first son ofthe deceased, lamented that their late father, a trader in oneof the popular markets in Okene, fell into the hands of thegunmen when Sunday Vanguardvisited their residence at the weekend.
Amid tears, he said life for the family had been hectic since the killings because his father was the bread winner and provided everything they needed before he met his untimely death. âI do not think there is any thing left for us again as a family because the killers have succeeded in taking away the hope of the family.
But one thing I know for sure is that all those involved in the killing of my father and and indeed the Christian worshipperswould not go unpunished,â he said. A survivor of the attack, who simply gave his name as Lawal and is currently recuperating at the Specialist Hospital Okene from gun shot injuries, attributed his survival to providence.
Lawal told his story: âWe were in the church observing our prayers when the generator went off and suddenly we started hearing the sounds of gun shot and every body was screening for help and then suddenly every where was quiet.â
When our correspondent visitedthe church that was attacked, it was a shadow of itself with blood stains on the wall of the building.
Residents of the town were in mournful mood and discussing the sad event in hush tones.
The Ohinoyi of Ebira land, Dr. Ado Ibrahim, described the development as very painful even as he placed a curse on theperpetrators of the attack. The monarch said: âWhoever might have been responsible for the killing of these innocent souls would be punished here and hereafterâ.
Following the church attack, Okene has lost the bubble as theroads were deserted. Security forces comprising of the army, the police, the SSS, and the navy, have literally taken over the town ensuring compliance with the dusk to down curfew imposed on the area by Governor Idris Wada.
Some families, apparently for fear of the unknown, have relocated to Lokoja, the Kogi State capital.
The police have vowed not to leave any stone unturned until the perpetrators of the church attack are brought to book.
The State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Mohammed Katsina, said his men were working round the clock and would soon close in on the gunmen behind the attack.
âWe already have information on the attackers hide out and I can assure you they will soon meet their waterloo. We have three suspects in our custody and they are making useful statements.â
Related Posts
Youâre making love not drilling for crude oil, Donât feel less than a man because you release in 3 mins â Nigerian Doctor says
Checkout this interesting conversation between a Nigerian Medical Doctor and a Twitter user who m[...]
âMy oga penetrates my anus at night, my madam beats me dailyâ â Maid tells Police
A 19-year-old has narrated to operatives of Lagos State Police Command how her âMadamâ assaults [...]
OAP Stephanie Cokerâs Husband Arraigned For Fraud, Remanded in Kirikiri Prison
The Lagos State Government on Wednesday arraigned a brother of late founder of Guaranty Trust Ba[...]
Nigerian Bride-to-be returns from church, had lunch, went to sleep⊠but never woke upâŠ
Joy Chinonye Nnokam from Rivers State died in her sleep, on 10th of December 2017.. (ad[...]
Unemployed Nigerian Man Returns N570k He Saw In An Accident Scene
An unemployed Nigerian man, Chijinkem Ugwuanyi, has shown a great display of honesty after he re[...]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Pls, do NOT spam this BLOG
Click to see the code!
To insert emoticon you must added at least one space before the code.